Image Map

Friday 17 July 2015

5 YA Books that I have yet to (and never will) read

bookish inspiration, ya fiction, children's books, hyped up books, top ten tuesday, blog photographyThe Broke and the Bookish recently posted another Top Ten Tuesday post called "Top Ten Hyped Books We've Never Read" and once I read it, I knew I had to post my own. This is a similar post because I have only chosen 5 books for the post, but also because the following are titles I have no intention of picking up. Ever.

I'm sorry in advance if your favourite book / book series is mentioned here (and it is very likely since this post has featured at least two YA fiction giants) but feel free to argue!

And if you like the graphics below, feel free to pin them to your Pinterest board!

*
the fault in our stars, bookish inspiration, ya fiction, children's books, hyped up books, top ten tuesday, blog photography John Green
 I don’t like to read sad books, especially sad books about cancer.  I managed the first page and credit to John Green who knows how to write a wonderful hooking opening paragraph, but I could tell that I wasn’t going to enjoy the storyline.Besides that, I was planning to read the book around the same time the film came to cinemas and within the first week of release, I was hoping I would never hear the term "TFIOS" again.

throne of glass, sarah j maas, fantasy, bookish inspiration, ya fiction, children's books, hyped up books, top ten tuesday, blog photography
 Sarah J. Maas
I was going to read Throne of Glass also, but I was persuaded otherwise by numerous reviews online. They criticised the main character Caelena  who doesn't display her deadly nature because most of her heroine encounters happen outside of the book who encounters more action outside of the book, and anything worth knowing in the book itself  is told in summary. This gives me the impression that the book plot is pretty flat and that there is little room for Caelena's character to develop.


twilight, stephenie meyer, bookish inspiration, ya fiction, children's books, hyped up books, top ten tuesday, blog photographyStephenie Meyer
In my opinion, the Twilight series has more or less faded out of book discussion since the films ended a couple of years ago and I feel as though everyone has moved on to hype other fantasy novels since. I have never really been a fan of Twilight and although this is probably because I couldn't stand the films and the never ending hype around them, I won’t be picking up the novels for a read.

my sister's keeper, bookish inspiration, ya fiction, children's books, hyped up books, top ten tuesday, blog photography
Jodi Picoult
Again, another tragic story about a child suffering from cancer.  I know what happens at the end of this novel because the plot was purposely spoiled for me by a friend; therefore, I can imagine it to be an extremely uncomfortable and tragic read, so I cannot bring myself to even give the first page a try.

harry potter, jk rowling, bookish inspiration, ya fiction, children's books, hyped up books, top ten tuesday, blog photography, bangzo
 J.K Rowling
Out of the five, this choice is the one I regret saying the most. These books have been a mainstay in children’s literature since I was still at school and they were the only books that could get an entire classroom of children who don’t care about reading or literature to give reading a go. Saying that, they just aren’t for me because fantasy isn’t my favourite book genre, especially if it involves elements of magic and wizardry. However I feel as though I know the books to a reasonable standard thanks to their success in the entertainment industry, so I don’t feel too bad about choosing to give them a miss.

Do you agree/ disagree with my choices? Let me know in the comments section
Thank you for reading, please don't forget to follow this blog on Bloglovin'
types of people in the library, types of people at the library, bookworm, book nerds, book nerd problems, buzzfeed, bookish, publishing









No comments:

Post a Comment